- いらっしゃいませ～ (ee-RAH-shy-mase)
- *This is a common Japanese phrase used to welcome each guest who walks in.
- Welcome to Izakaya WA (ee-ZAH-ka-ya WA),
- Houston’s first and only Japanese owned & operated izakaya with one location!
- Why are we called Izakaya WA?
- It’s simple! We want to provide a casual environment for enjoying food and drinks,
and that’s what an izakaya is for!
- In Japan, izakayas are places where it is common to drink & relax while enjoying many sample-sized dishes similar to the concept of tapas.
- “WA” represents Japan and also means harmony.
- Since there are many other izakaya-style establishments, we want to set ourselves apart by offering an authentic izakaya environment with true Japanese style dishes and atmosphere.
- Here you can enjoy the same style of dining, drinking, and relaxing.
- We also offer a selection of local craft beers as well as beer on draft, hand selected wine, and Japanese sake.
- This is a combination you will be sure to enjoy.
- ありがとうございました！ (ah-ree-GAH-to go-zai-MA-shi-ta)
- *Don’t be alarmed by this expression! It is the way we show appreciation for your visit!